Sunday, September 8, 2013

Sunday 8 September

Summer is where the blog gets neglected. With the kids both at home but me still working fulltime and three days of that from home, routine goes out of the window and I just can't find the time to sit down and concentrate on publishing a post.

We had a lovely time though. At 14 and 11 they are getting ever more independent. Of course there were several moments where I just wanted 11yo to stop hanging around me and try and find himself something to do that didn't involve Minecraft, where I got fed up with the mess that faced me every time I stepped into the kitchen, even if I'd left it tidy only 5 minutes before, and when I had to get in the car yet again to drop 14yo off somewhere for her busy social life. But on the whole we had a good time, they were good company, they helped me out enough so I didn't need to worry about housework too much (not that housework is high on my list of priorities at any time!) and I miss them now they're back at school.

An evening walk at Hardwick Heath

Kentwell Hall, on a long walk with parttime dog
A visit to the Dutch embassy in London to renew our passports, with flag halfmast as it was prince Friso's funeral that day


Spending a bit of quality time with 14yo at Carnaby Street

The arrival of our passports 9 days after requesting them, which meant we could still make a short trip to Holland before the holidays finished

 11yo taking a picture of me taking a picture of him

 Another photography enthusiast

 The only way to make him laugh for a photo is to tickle him

Bumping into my best friend who I've known since we were 4 years old, in the town we grew up in


Two pictures of my favourite place in Holland - de Hoge Veluwe

11yo loves the Hoge Veluwe as much as me

Visiting a modern art gallery

A rare smile for the camera - surprisingly enough very early on the morning ferry at Hoek van Holland!

And that was our summer. The weather changed last Friday from very hot and sunny to windy and wet, and now we're having some of those cold in the morning but sunny later on days which makes me love Autumn. The kids were both looking forward to returning to school and I'm ready to return to a more regular routine. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment