Monday, March 15, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Monday 15 March 2010

Outside my window... are definite signs of Spring arriving. Crocuses, budding daffodils and if you look closely, little buds on trees.

I am thinking... how much I'm enjoying the kids growing up. They made Mother's Day really special yesterday and all of their own accord, not because they were told they had to.

I am thankful for... the fact that my not so old laptop was fixed easily. I really don't need the hassle of expensive repairs right now.

From the kitchen... I can smell the smell of soup. Leeks, cauliflower, celeriac. There will be quite a bit of celeriac featuring this week as I got given 12 of them yesterday...

I am wearing... too many layers. It's still quite cold outside, but the sun is shining and warming up my conservatory. And earrings that I. made me as a present.

I am creating... some potholders with hearts as a birthday gift.

I am going... to try and stop worrying and stop putting my life on hold. Started this morning with a swim, then weigh-in at WeightWatchers despite worrying about the damage of last week (turned out not too bad: 1/2 lbs gain. Having exercised last week must have helped), and planned the meals for this week.

I am reading... several Dutch magazines. Just light reading. Have just finished On the Beach by Nevil Shute and loved that.

I am hoping... so many things. A quiet week with no overnight ferry. An end to waiting. Some answers soon.

I am hearing... snatches of You and Yours on Radio 4.

Around the house... are lots of Easter decorations. Easter seems to be a bigger thing in Holland than in Britain, where it is more of a religious event. We have a bunch of branches with papermache eggs dotted around, some little fluffy chicks, some Easter napkins. I may just have to go back to the Hema next time I'm over.

One of my favourite things... is the laundry on the line flapping in the wind. The first lot of outside laundry this year. Appropriate considering the weather forecaster told us this morning that today might be the warmest day of the year to date.

A few plans for the rest of the week... finding some recipes to use up all those celeriacs. Knitting. Enjoying being with the kids. Exercise, healthy food and early nights - I have been thinking that treating myself was the way to be kind to myself. It doesn't work. I feel so much better if I look after my body.

Here's a picture for thought I'm sharing...A photo from the walk dad and I took through Amersfoort on Friday.

Instructions for the Simple Woman's Daybook can be found here

4 comments:

  1. I adore reading your post , also I just today got aware of the simple womans day book- what a nice idea.
    You come from a very cosy and romantic small town- A walk like that must give you some energy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this. Loved thinking of your laundry flapping in the wind, the smell of leeks and celeriac from the kitchen, and the beautiful picture from your walk. XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your daybook and your photos. Have a great weekend.

    Fellow Daybooker - Tam

    http://bloggingbradleys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete