Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For 23 February 2010
I started writing this early this morning. Then mum rang with dates of her scan/results, and things feel a bit different now, so I have rewritten it.

Outside my window... I can see the remains of the snow that fell unexpectedly all day yesterday.

I am thinking... that I am still enjoying the wintery weather but wouldn't mind a bit of Spring sunshine either.

I am thankful for... finally having a bit more clarity about mum's scan and next appointments. The waiting has been the worst. Also thankful that I made the decision to go away last week. I feel much better equipped to cope with whatever is going to happen in the next few weeks.

From the kitchen... will be coming some healthier meals again, after enjoying some comfort foods last week.

I am wearing... several layers as it's so cold!

I am going... to have a quiet week at home.

I am creating... a hooded scarf for mum. The fingerless gloves were abandoned as they didn't fit well enough and it wasn't cold enough for him to need them. I frogged them and typically, it has since got so cold that he could really do with some gloves! I want to finish the hooded scarf soon as I'll be seeing mum fairly soon (actually next Monday!).

I am reading... the latest issue of Yarn Forward - have read it from cover to cover and back again this time.

I am hoping... that in three weeks' time, things are completely back to normal and all this can be put behind us.

I am hearing... Woman's Hour on Radio 4.

Around the house... are lots of mementoes from last week's break: fossils, shells, stones, glass, postcards.

One of my favourite things... flour from the water mill in Lyme Regis - makes lovely bread.

A few plans for the rest of the week... nothing much apart from our everyday routine. Which suits me fine.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing

Taking time to get things right. N. will be 8 in April but dad and I bought him a simple digital camera as an early birthday present, as he is forever using mine. He took about 130 photos and some of them have come out really nicely. Lovely to see how he has been enjoying it and how he sees the world.

Instructions for the Simple Woman's Daybook

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear things sound better for your Mom.
    It sound like your son has a photographic future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like the better news about your mother. I'm enjoying a beach holiday (and a heatwave) in Perth at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your daybook. Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete