Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For 15 February

Outside my window... I can see the sea and all the way to the Golden Cap. If I wake up early enough, I can see the sunrise, which is spectacular here.

I am thinking... not too much about what the next few weeks and months are going to bring.

I am thankful for... being able to enjoy this holiday, being able to relax a little, having a beach nearby to walk on and blow some cobwebs away.

From the kitchen... we had Dutch split pea soup and there is far too much nice, local cheese there as we have found a little cheesemonger with more than 100 local cheeses.

I am wearing... jeans, a very thick lined fleece, thick socks - clothes for going outside in!

I am creating... still those fingerless gloves but losing a bit of enthusiasm for them.

I am reading... Rachel Allen's Bake - yes, another cookbook!

I am hoping... for more days like yesterday with a beautiful sunrise and equally beautiful sunset.

I am hearing... seagulls doing their best for the dawn chorus. Not sure you could call it a chorus when it's seagulls.

Around the house... are lots of seaside related objects. This cottage is decorated exactly as I would if I could redecorate my own house.

One of my favourite things... is strolling along the beach in unexpected sunshine with a strawberries and clotted cream icecream.

A few plans for the rest of the week... more walking, more icecream eating!

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing

N. climbing down the 'granny's teeth' on the Cobb at Lyme Regis. He was scared but did it anyway. Pushing his boundaries - I should try that myself sometimes.

The Simple Woman's Daybook can be found here

1 comment: