Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I've been reading this on another blog and thought it'd be fun to take part. It makes you stop during a busy day and notice the things that would otherwise pass you by. The instructions and other entries can be found here: the Simple Woman's Daybook.

For today, Tuesday 9 February...

Outside my window... I am working from my kitchen table in the conservatory, I can see the snowdrops under the apple tree and the little robin pecking at the crumbs I've left on the garden table.

I am thinking... how to fit everything in today that needs to be done - work, laundry, exchanging some wellies that I. didn't like enough to keep.

I am thankful for... a little bit of sunshine after lots of sleet and wind yesterday - a very gloomy February day.

From the kitchen... I can smell the soup that I made for lunch for today: curried lentil and sweet potato.

I am wearing... an old pair of jeans, green fleece, green bodywarmer and warm socks - old house means cold house, and sitting still means cold me!

I am creating... a pair of fingerless mittens for N. As he's not quite 8 yet, his hands are quite small, so they should get done quickly, but somehow I haven't managed to knit much this past week. And I want them done by the weekend!

I am going... to be beside the seaside next week, and I'm very excited about it!

I am reading... nothing literary, just cookbooks. I love cookbooks and have far too many of them.

I am hoping... that next week we either have snow or storm or spring like weather. Just not lots of rain. Please.

I am hearing... hailstones on my conservatory roof, the news programme on BBC Radio 4.

Around the house... are far too many dust bunnies

One of my favourite things... is soup for lunch, with a piece of good bread.

A few plans for the rest of the week... meeting up with friends from Freecycle for a coffee, going to work, hoping to get to knitting club, packing boots and raincoats.

Here is a picture for thought I'm sharing...

Every house with a cat should have an Aga. I'm sure Snickers would agree.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing about your day! I hope your time by the sea is enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. And I love the cat - so cute.

    ReplyDelete