Wednesday, October 15, 2008

And sometimes more is definitely less


I think I have cast on for this cowl at least 6 times. The first three times were to get the number of stitches right - my yarn is a lot thinner than the pattern specifies, so I had to experiment to get the right number of stitches so the thing would actually go over my head. Then I kept making mistake after mistake - miscounted stitches, knitted a wrong row of the pattern, I can't remember what else but I'm sure there were more. If I'd actually been able to make progress in all that time, I'm sure I would have finished by now... This photo is from this afternoon; the kids had a catwalk at school tonight and I had to drop them off 45 mins before the start of the show. Not worth going back home, so I sat in the car and knitted. I've now done two pattern repeats and have started the third one. The yarn is from Hipknits, I love the variegation (blue with a hint of grey and the odd pink streak) and so far I'm loving the lace pattern. I want it done by Bonfire Night - and I want it to be cold enough so I can wear it for Bonfire Night.

4 comments:

  1. That is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours of your yarn! I've heard so much about Hip knits, must check it out sometime soon

    Good luck with the cowl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it strange how some projects seems to be impossible to get started with?! But now it really looks great, hope it will continue in good order.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete