Monday, July 21, 2008

Finished object: my so called scarf

Occasionally, just very occasionally, I manage to slip in a bit of knitting into this blog...
Recently I have managed to stop feeling guilty about the little bit of knitting that I do and the lack of finished projects. I do enjoy knitting, it relaxes me, that's far more important than the fact that some projects take me months, years to finish. It's all about the journey, not just the destination.


I first saw this scarf-let being knit by Liz, a friend whom I know through knitting and sewing groups. I loved the texture of the stitch, it doesn't look like knitting at all, and thought it'd make a good present. It took me a while to get the hang of the stitch but once I did, it was very straightforward. As it's a present for I.'s teacher, I let her choose the buttons - not my choice, but then the taste of a nine year old and a 37 year old don't always match!


Excuse the summery outfit with the wintry scarf...

Strangely enough I couldn't imagine knitting it for myself but the wool is very soft (more info on Ravelry) and the scarf actually very snug and warm. I bought two balls and only used one, so I may just have to make another one the same. Although by the looks of the variations in the colours, I suspect with this yarn no item is the same.

Cast on for Shaun the Sheep tonight - baby due in 3 months, so I had better get going!

4 comments:

  1. I think it's very pretty! I think she'll really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, I even think it looks sweet with your summer t shirt,kinda nautical. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! It's a quick, easy project that has a lot of room for variations.

    ReplyDelete