Monday, April 28, 2008

Well and truly got the bug

Three runs in and I've got the bug. It's addictive. I can see now why people go running. I go in the morning and by the afternoon I want to go again. By Tuesday afternoon all my leg muscles were aching. I had aching muscles I didn't even know I had. But by Thursday I wanted to go again, and by Friday nothing ached anymore. I'm heeding the plan's advice though and pacing myself - going swimming and cycling on days I don't go running.
On Friday I had a mad idea. A friend has registered to do Race for Life. Three of us went running on Thursday morning and I thought maybe we should join her on Race for Life for support. Unfortunately the morning race in Bury St. Edmunds is already full, and the other friend can't do the afternoon race. But I can. And I've signed up too. And now that people are starting to donate money, I really am going to have to take this running lark seriously... Now where did I leave my tracksuit bottoms?

1 comment:

  1. Yay for finding an activity that you love and that is good for you!

    ReplyDelete