Thursday, March 20, 2008

Ouch

Never a dull moment here: after suffering with stomach-ache for a few weeks I thought maybe it was time to get it checked out. So I took myself off to the GP on Monday who sent me off for some blood tests and rang back on Tuesday to say she thinks it may be a stomach ulcer. Never thought that these would be so painful! I associate stomach ulcers with smoking, drinking, bad diet and no exercise. None of which apply to me. Thankfully they've recently found that most of them are caused by a bacteria, not stress - which could apply to me! Anyway, I'm now on tablets for a month, work's been fairly quiet this week and today is the first day I'm not in so much pain - it's been no fun lying folded double over the keyboard...

I think maybe a holiday is in order. At least there's a long weekend coming up, and next week on Friday I'm off with the kids and mum and dad to Lyme Regis for a week. I've just booked the hire car and am getting slowly excited...

1 comment: