Monday, November 19, 2007

Tired but relieved

It took until 2 pm for the call from the operating theatre to come through, but when it did, it was good news: they've removed the tissue they wanted to. It was my biggest fear that they wouldn't be able to, so needless to say I felt extremely relieved. She was taken to ICU where I saw her while she was still asleep, although rather restless (she'd been intubated and wasn't keen!). I left to get something to eat and returned an hour later to find her much more awake and they took her off the ventilator while I was there, and the first thing she said was 'that was really bothering me'. I stayed with her for about an hour and a half, she seemed fine, was recovering as well as could be expected after 6 hours in the operating theatre, and fell asleep again by about 6, so I left her to it.
I'll go back again at the end of tomorrow morning, when they'll hopefully take her back to the ward where she'll stay for about 10 days or so, depending on her recovery.

I think I might sleep rather well tonight!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad the surgery went well!

    I received your package and want to send you a big thank you! I absolutely love everything!

    ReplyDelete